More icons for files / folders

Alan Dacey Sr. Grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Sat May 30 21:35:41 UTC 2009

On Saturday 30 May 2009 05:02:55 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Dark Glass and Crystal icon themes from kde-look.org have a fairly
> > complete set each and look nice too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Actually, I am looking for more device and categorization icons.
> Specifically, I need icons that look like various models of digital
> cameras (most are either SLR or very outdated) and people/animals.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il

You can always google image search.  Download the picture and use Gimp to
change it to your liking then save it as a .png in ~/.local/icons.  I've done
that a lot and I get some perfect icons for my folders.  You can even set the
background as invisible on most pictures using Layer- -> Transparency and then
fooling around with the Alpha channel.

Alan