KDE4.3 beta issues

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:51:38 UTC 2009

> yeah! now what's up with that? why would an upgrade touch my home directory?

I do not know the specifics of KDE 4.3, Willy, but in general it is
not unusual for version N of software to read N-1's files, but write
in an incompatible format.

> upgrading to KDE 4.3 wiped my settings clear, this doesn't make sense,
> and the first time ever for a KDE update/upgrade to affect my settings.

Are you referring just to Plasma (desktop and panel) settings, or to
other settings as well? Could be be specific? Thanks.

> another issue, why is autologin disabled in KDE 4.3? the whole
> convenience page is grayed out. i had to manually edit /etc/kdmrc to
> enable my autologin again. which IS working, so not sure why they chose
> to disable it :S

That is probably a *buntu issue. You'd better ask on the dev list.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il