flash for Firefox (64-bit jaunty)?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed May 27 18:40:28 UTC 2009

Goh Lip wrote:
> D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Goh Lip said the following at 05/26/2009 08:27 AM :
>>
>>> Sorry to repeat my earlier message, enabled javascript?
>> Sorry to miss your earlier message; yes, javascript is enabled.
>>
>>   Doc
>
> Doc, looks like you have got Flash installed okay; then I still think
> the problem is javascript.
>
> Please check if under "about:plugins", you have the iced-tea java web
> browser plugin; if not, install icedtea6-plugin, (it is javascript).
> After installation, check again "about:plugins" to ensure it is there.
> Restart firefox first.
>
> Then under firefox preferences-->content, enabled javascript
> (checked)--->advanced--->check (tick) at least the following....
>
> move or resize existing windows
> raise or lower windows
> disable or replace context menus
>
> If you have all these, sorry I am equally stumped as you and I hope
> others can jump in to help.
>
> Regards,
> Goh Lip

Oh, your flashplugin: make sure filename is
       "npwrapper.libflashplayer.so"
and not just "libflashplayer.so"
(note this is also checked through "about:plugins"

I assumed (bad word, for me) you had done installation as per earlier
messages by Donn. ie, if done through Kubuntu's repository and not
installed dpkg by downloading through adobe's web page.