Moderation

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Tue May 26 20:27:46 BST 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as we repeatedly asked people to respect the mailing list guidelines
> and the etiquette [1] without effect, we will now put moderation flags
> to everybody who doesn't respect those rules.
>
> This means for most of the list subscribers nothing will change, but a
> few here will have to be patient to get their posts approved by the
> mailing list administrators for some time. That flag will be taken
> away once it's not necessary anymore.
>
> There is a mailing list for all Ubuntu flavors available [2] - called
> "sounder" - where random chit chat, bike shedding and such belong to,
> so this list here can be used for it's original purpose, namely
> support for users.
>
> Thanks for your understanding
>

> for the list moderators:
>

> Myriam

I really wonder what bothers all those people.

Myriam, please keep up the good work for keeping the list rules
respected, at least to a halfway bearable degree.

I am with you in that I want this to be a ubuntu support list, more or
less, but again, mainly a list for ubuntu support.

And just to be very clear:
I want "Visit my Netlog profile" people to be flagged, at least for some
time, just at is done now.
And if I am so silly to invite this whole list to my friendship account
on xingflextriggerfacebookbox, then please flag me.

So calm down and let's try to zoom in on the scope of this list.
Otherwise I would recommend to use sounder.

Kind regards
Eberhard