KDE4.3 beta issues

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:17:18 UTC 2009

> It shouldn't have been called KDE 4.0, then.  Same with 4.1.  They
> should've been called KDE 4.0alpha and KDE 4.0beta, respectively.  And
> yes, KDE *is* a desktop environment.  That's why it's called the K
> Desktop Environment (KDE).

KDE is *not* a desktop environment, that is just one of the KDE
products. Read the opening paragraph of this obscure webpage:
http://kde.org/

>> If you tell me what you find indecent about the current kprinter, then
>> we can file bugs and help ensure that it is decent, not just hope.
>>

> That's the problem--there is no current kprinter.  It's gone.  It used
> to be there in KDE 3.5, and it's how I got GNOME apps to use the KDE
> printer subsystem.
>
> Now, if kprinter is there, but it's hidden (that means you can't point
> GNOME apps to "kprinter"), then by all means, do let em know where it is
> now.

I see. If you would like to contact me off list I'd like some more
info and then we can file some bugs. We will miss KDE 4.3 but KDE 4.4
should be doable. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com