KDE4.3 beta issues

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 26 12:23:18 UTC 2009

Ric Moore wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 15:51 +0100, Mark Greenwood wrote:
>
>> Frankly though, if the software wasn't so bleedin' broken we wouldn't
>> be having this argument would we? ;) The argument should be for better
>> beta testing instead of releasing beta code as "finished".
>>
> I was about to make the very same remark

Sorry, but if that's what you want, you should be using a different distro.
Many of us came to Ubuntu because we couldn't _stand_ the Debian philosophy
that a release remained in testing until nobody could think of any reason at
all why it shouldn't be released.  Ubuntu promised releases every 6 months -
warts and all.  I want my 6-month release.  I'm bright enough to know
whether it's worth doing (Intrepid wasn't, Jaunty was).
--
derek