home partition between 2 systems

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Sun May 24 19:07:58 BST 2009

Hi Willy,

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 18:35, Willy Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have a seperate home partition in kubuntu. is it safe to mount this
> partition as /home in suse as well?

Well, you can, but it's not a good idea, as it's likely to changer
your user ID, which starts with 1000 in a Debian like system, others
start at 500.

Also, I guess you will want to run KDE too, which makes use of .kde/
most likely (disclaimer: I didn't run SuSE since 7.0...) and a change
in one would have the same effect in the other one too, so if you
would like to test different KDE versions in either that can not work
well.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org