Plasma death

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:28:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 25 May 2009 11:48:23 Donn wrote:
>> Just wondering if I am alone in having, every 2 days or so
> Did I say 2 days? ... I have done this 4 times today alone. The whole desktop
> keeps freezing, windows won't redraw. I'm like some kind of addict now,
> hitting the "killall plasma" every hour...
>
> If I can't fix this then it's back to gnome desktop I go :( Or maybe I will
> install fluxbox.

Hi!

You don't say what version you have but I guess KDE 4.2.3 on Jaunty? I
have noticed that not all plasmoids is stable, for example the
calendar would make plasma take 100% CPU, the "change activities"
plasmoid would make plasma crash etc. So if you have not already try
remove all plasmoids. Do it make any difference if you have composite
enabled or not?

/ Jonas