Accessing remote:/ from KDE3.5.x applications in KDE4

John L Vifian jongleur at liripipe.com
Sun May 24 22:08:55 UTC 2009

On Sunday 24 May 2009 2:51:52 pm Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> Is there a way to access folders in remote:/ in the open/save dialogs
> in KDE 3.5 applications running in KDE 4? For example, Quanta, which
> is my usual PHP editor, hasn't been fully upgraded to work properly in
> KDE 4.2, and neither has KDevelop.

Before trying to open the remote files in Quanta run:

sshfs user at remote.site.com ~/remote

where ~/remote is an empty directory.

Then in Quanta open ~/remote

Obviously user at remote.site.com  is your login and remote site and ~/remote can
be pretty much anything you want it to be .

good Luck

John Vifian

--
Real users never know what they want, but they always know when your program
doesn't deliver it.