home partition between 2 systems

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun May 24 17:36:41 UTC 2009

On Sunday 24 May 2009, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > I think at the very least, I would copy my .kde  directory for a backup,
> > if not the entire /home directory.
>
> Imho there are chances that it will work. However I would rather do the
> latter than the former.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard

Oh definitely it "might work"  and I do it all the time when doing fresh
installs of the SAME  distro.    But I have been burned at times.... never
completely.

But I don't think I would do it between distros and I  certainly wouldn't
expect it to work if what I wanted was to dual-boot between those distros.  I
could almost guarantee there will be some problem between the two.