Konq 4 chat

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:55:02 BST 2009

On Saturday, 23 May 2009 16:30:44 Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Donn, do you think you could chart all the ways needed to get Konqueror
> (4.x.x) to function as v.3.x.x used to?
You know... it's been nothing more than:
1. Edit toolbars to add a few icons (like back and home).
2. Fiddle a few settings in Konqy (e.g. make the home button go to ~/donn)
3. Poke about it in the usual suspects -> right-click title bar -> Configure
Window behav. and company.
4. Moan a bit.
5. Get poked in the ribs by Dotan and Derek :)
6. Post some bugs to Dotan.
7. Oh yeah, Install KDE 4.2.3
8. Logout of Gnome
9. Profit ?

:D

Easy peasy.

What's horrible (to me) is the task-bar and the desktop/plasma stuff.
* I miss being able to change colours -- I find the themes on offer to be too
dark.
* There is a re-draw sluggishness about things. Bits poke through here and
there and other 'accidents'. But I feel it's not something that's worth
getting my trunk into a bunch about.
* The 'widgets' are just useless and slow. I still use gkrellm to show me my
cpu, drive and net use. Can't find anything to compare with it in KDE land.

Perhaps I will learn to regret these words too :D I hope so!

\d
--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/things/