OT. This list has become "Neighbours, The Vollom Years".

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri May 22 14:17:03 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>> 1. Go into a folder, click the back button (which you have to manually
>>> place into a toolbar) and the position in the list you return to is lost
>>> (i.e you have to re-scroll/find the place you where before).
>> Right, and that's a _dolphin_ bug.
> That is not a bug. It might make for a nice feature request, but it is
> not a bug.

Why not? The old konqueror file manager did this right, why should it not be
considered a bug if the new file manager doesn't?

>>> 3. The file-tooltip-previews don't show image width and height anymore.
>>> 4. Middle-click on a file does not open it in a new tab -- well not
>>> properly.
>> It may need some configuration, but my experience is that it does.
> It's a known bug, it may even be fixed already.

Maybe that's why my experience was different from Donn's.  While I've always
used middle clicks on _links_, I don't usually do it on _files_, so the
first time I actually remember doing it was testing Donn's complaint.

>>> 5. Middle-click on the scroll bars (in any kde app) does not
>>> jump around properly -- you have to right-click and choose "scroll
>>> here".
>> I'm having scrolling problems everywhere too - but this is hardly an
>> indictment of konqueror, it's something to do with KDE as a whole.
> It's already been fixed.

Thankfully.  I wonder if that's only specifically the middle-click behavior,
though?  That looks like it works to me, but what I'm seeing is left-clicks
in the scroll bar being repeated random numbers of times, and it isn't just
the mouse, because using Page-Down is just as bad.