Konq 4 chat

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat May 23 14:29:18 UTC 2009

On Saturday 23 May 2009, Donn wrote:
>On Saturday, 23 May 2009 15:53:54 nepal.roade at googlemail.com wrote:
>> You make good points Donn about how incredibly useful Konq had become by
>> then. The loss of this is exactly the reason I have decided to leave KDE
>> for good and adopt at least for now the Gnome Desktop.
>
>While you may agree with me -- I don't agree with you. I have learned (in
> this thread) that Konqueror is *not* being killed-off. It's still there and
> does everything it used to do. Sure, because of the KDE 4 thing, there is
> some functionality (very small bugs, Dotan has helped me list them) lost
> but really not that much.
>
>As usual with any software I am prepared to find the way to work with it.
> KDE 3.5 had its way. KDE 4 seems to have its too.
>
>>>kmail
>
>I had to kill all my emails and all my filters to get kmail working, that
> has sucked. But it's done now and so far it has not crashed in a few days.

I simply had yumex update it all, rebooted and went right back to work, still
using the filters and folders as setup years ago for kde2.  And its still true
for 4.2.3, it, with a couple of crashes, has Just Worked(TM).  The crashes are
always either send related, or my spastic 100cps repeating character keyboard,
that nothing seems able to tame.

>Stick around. I have been on a gnome desktop for a few days and there's not
>much advantage. Really. It's got the same bunch of 'get used to it' bugs and
>oddball corners. You will learn to loath Nautilus too. Mark my words :)

Gnome would make me swear at my mother.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)