Konq 4 chat

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:22:17 UTC 2009

On Saturday, 23 May 2009 15:53:54 nepal.roade at googlemail.com wrote:
> You make good points Donn about how incredibly useful Konq had become by
> then. The loss of this is exactly the reason I have decided to leave KDE
> for good and adopt at least for now the Gnome Desktop.
While you may agree with me -- I don't agree with you. I have learned (in this
thread) that Konqueror is *not* being killed-off. It's still there and does
everything it used to do. Sure, because of the KDE 4 thing, there is some
functionality (very small bugs, Dotan has helped me list them) lost but really
not that much.

As usual with any software I am prepared to find the way to work with it. KDE
3.5 had its way. KDE 4 seems to have its too.

>>kmail
I had to kill all my emails and all my filters to get kmail working, that has
sucked. But it's done now and so far it has not crashed in a few days.

Stick around. I have been on a gnome desktop for a few days and there's not
much advantage. Really. It's got the same bunch of 'get used to it' bugs and
oddball corners. You will learn to loath Nautilus too. Mark my words :)

\d
--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/things/