Konq 4 chat

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Thu May 21 19:30:00 BST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 May 2009 15:43:59 Donn wrote:
>> I started a new thread about this. The other one was too hijacked :D

>> On Thursday, 21 May 2009 16:29:26 marc wrote:
>> >On this rare occasion, I'm in agreement with the decision to treat file
>> >management and browsing as two distinct functions. Thus, the two apps can
>> >develop along the lines of their speciality. I'm not sure why we didn't
>> >get kong the browser and konq the file manager, though.
>>
>> Yeah -- but what about kparts? Why can't we view an HTML file in another tab?
>> It's kick-ass for docs and API's and all kinds of stuff. I often have (well,
>> had :( ) multiple tabs with different directories and html files (and images,
>> and pdfs) open. I just can't see why such a sophisticated system should be
>> done away with.
>>

> It hasn't been. Konqueror is still there. You can enable it with one mouse click. What's the problem?

List night I finally tried out KDE4.  I've been using 3.5 on jaunty
until now.  First thing I did was make Konqueror my file browser, but
it seems dumbed down, just like dolphin.

First thing I see is that there are only 3 views available: icons,
details and columns.  What happened to tree view?  list view?  Photo
album view?  An I missing a configuration somewhere?

Those are the same 3 views dolphin offers.  It dolphin actually
running as a kpart in konq?  Oh dear.

Michael