Konq 4 chat

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu May 21 17:40:36 UTC 2009

Donn wrote:

> I started a new thread about this. The other one was too hijacked :D
>
>>> Sure, it works in Konqueror. My worry is that Konq is being shifted out
>>> of the role and Dolphin is taking over. Dolphin does not show html
>>> files.
>
> On Thursday, 21 May 2009 16:29:26 marc wrote:
>>On this rare occasion, I'm in agreement with the decision to treat file
>>management and browsing as two distinct functions. Thus, the two apps can
>>develop along the lines of their speciality. I'm not sure why we didn't
>>get kong the browser and konq the file manager, though.
>
> Yeah -- but what about kparts? Why can't we view an HTML file in another
> tab? It's kick-ass for docs and API's and all kinds of stuff. I often have
> (well, had :( ) multiple tabs with different directories and html files
> (and images, and pdfs) open. I just can't see why such a sophisticated
> system should be done away with.

It's not - if you want to do that, you use konqueror as your file manager.
You won't lose anything that you have now, and you _will_ get new features
as Dolphin gets them.

> I dunno... I get the distinct impression that the Dolphin steam-engine is
> just rolling along without listening to mere users. I could be wrong. I
> hope so.

I get the distinct impression it's vastly better than it was 6 months ago,
and I'm pretty happy with the way it's going.
--
derek