Devolo

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Thu May 21 18:24:30 UTC 2009

Billie Erin Walsh wrote:

> _ANY_ radio signal can gain benefit from a high gain directional
> antenna. A 5.8GHz yagi could be an etched PC board. I've seen some for 2.4.

fully agreed. I just wanted to point out that the very small antenna
shown in the picture is for 2.4 connections. For 5ghz, the antenna
dimensions need to be changed. In regard to draft-n, such an antenna
does not help much, since there are 3 antennas for draft-n, and the
integrated algorithm for best performance is layed out to combine the
signals from the inbuilt antennas.

Thanks for sharing your impressing knowledge.

I will surely not built up a wireless LAN like this, but it is good to
know that I could, if I was less wireless-adverse.

Btw. if you want to intelligently combine WLAN with DLAN and smplify the
somestimes overcomplicated WLAN-distribution, there is this device:

http://www.devolo.com/consumer/4_dlan-200-av-wireless-g_starter-kit_product-presentation_1.html

This could possibly help the OP

Kind regards and EOT for me
Eberhard,

where 6 computers and one gaming console are connected to each other and
to the internet via 3 Devolos, waiting happily (not) to get hacked. ;-)