Konq 4 chat

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:43:59 UTC 2009

I started a new thread about this. The other one was too hijacked :D

On Thursday, 21 May 2009 16:29:26 marc wrote:
>On this rare occasion, I'm in agreement with the decision to treat file
>management and browsing as two distinct functions. Thus, the two apps can
>develop along the lines of their speciality. I'm not sure why we didn't
>get kong the browser and konq the file manager, though.

Yeah -- but what about kparts? Why can't we view an HTML file in another tab?
It's kick-ass for docs and API's and all kinds of stuff. I often have (well,
had :( ) multiple tabs with different directories and html files (and images,
and pdfs) open. I just can't see why such a sophisticated system should be
done away with.

>There seems to be a bunch of core fle management functionality that has
>been ripped out of apps - presumably konq - rewrapped, and put back, and
>these functions are being used by multiple apps. I think that this is
>where these subtle changes are emerging from.
Yeah - I can see that. I hope they get some time to start looking at the
little things.

>Yup, a royal pain in dolphin; it doesn't save the session either, which
>drives me nuts. You might want to raise a feature request on this.
I dunno... I get the distinct impression that the Dolphin steam-engine is just
rolling along without listening to mere users. I could be wrong. I hope so.

\d
--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/things/