OT. This list has become "Neighbours, The Vollom Years".

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu May 21 05:19:39 UTC 2009

nepal.roade at googlemail.com wrote:
> But then I have no right to expect Steven to be other than Steven, and IMO,
> this is how he is and subsequently a large part of the list is about Steven
> and his problems, not technical issues as such, (did I mention this is my
> opinion only?).
>
> With the functional mess that is KDE at present and the amount of noise now on
> this list, I'm departing, but decided I should let Steven know he is part of
> the reason.
>
> This does not detract in any way from the help that I have received on this
> list, but with the current state of KDE, the loss of a great and *functional*
> file manager called konqueror, I've been pushed to try Gnome again and I'm
> swapping to it. I used to hate Nautilus, but it has actually become much more
> useful for me, despite it still not having a split view, but there are other
> Gnome file managers which can provide that when needed.
>
> I'm saddened to leave KDE, I started to learn about Linux using KDE and its
> similarities to Windows were a blessing, but now, to release software that is
> barely functional but looks pretty, that is way too much like Windows!
> Discovering that the developers are working on a windows kde version don't
> help either!
>
> nepal.

First, Steven has apologized, sincerely and abjectly, for his behaviour.
Second, if you do not want to accept his apology, it is your
prerogative, but don't expect a pound of flesh. (for non-Shakespearian
readers, it means don't kill him)
Third, yes, Steven wants to do unusual and unrecommended things despite
his deficiencies. That is his prerogative. If you don't want to get
involved, or cannot stand his persistence or questions, don't. That is
your prerogative. By all means, don't respond, don't read or send to trash.
Fourth, anybody can leave this list for whatever reason he thinks. It
doesn't matter whether the reasons are good or dastardly. But to mention
that a fellow member is the cause is cowardly and feckless.(did I
mention this is my opinion only?).
Fifth, if there are sufficient justifications, it would more appropriate
to suggest the member be thrown out off the list. Make your case if you
think there are sufficient grounds.

Goh Lip