Plone3-site no more works (Jaunty and Karmic alpha1)

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 19 19:31:10 UTC 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> Hi Mirto,
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 15:06, Mirto Silvio Busico
> <mirtosilvio.busico at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm no more able to use plone in Kubuntu.
>>
>> Looking at the plone log I see that it fails because the python-imaging
>> package is missing.
>>
>> The problem is that plone/zope2.10 are tied to python2.4, but
>> python-imaging (and also other packages I need like python-ldap) are
>> installed only in python2.5 and python2.6
>>
>> Any hint to resolve this problem?
>
> You do know that Karmic Alpha1 is by no means meant for productive
> use?

He did say "Jaunty _and_ ...". I imagine he hoped that Karmic was going to
fix the problem.

> Now, what version of KDE do you use in Jaunty? If it is KDE 4.3 beta,
> the same warnings as above apply.

No, it's got nothing whatsoever to do with KDE (and really should be in the
ubuntu-users list).  It's because Ubuntu doesn't install python 2.4 by
default, since Jaunty, and Plone requires python 2.4.
--
derek