restarting the video

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed May 20 19:21:08 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009, David McGlone wrote:
>On Wednesday 20 May 2009 11:39:51 am Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>> > In 8.04, you could hit the ALT+CTRL+BACKSPACE and the video would
>> > restart.  How do you do this 9.04?
>>
>> K-Menu -> Computer -> Systemsettings -> Display
>> [x] Ctrl+Alt+Backspace restarts the xserver
>>
>> However it doesn't seem to reliably restart the Xserver.
>
>Ctrl + Alt + Backspace used to log out, but the other day I inadvertently
> hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete and I was presented with a menu with choices to log
> out, shut down or reboot.
>
>Seems Kubuntu swapped Ctrl + Alt + Backspace to Ctrl + Alt + Delete just
> like winders.
>
>Blessings,
>David M.
>http://www.dmcentral.net

Why is it that in a truly nackered situation that really requires that to
work, somebody FORCES us to use the front panel reset button (if there is
one), otherwise its pull the line cord?

To the coders whose brilliant idea this is, can you please drive over and
oversee the inevitable file system recovery the next time I have to do that?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Paul Revere was a tattle-tale.