restarting the video

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Wed May 20 18:53:27 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 11:39:51 am Nils Kassube wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > In 8.04, you could hit the ALT+CTRL+BACKSPACE and the video would
> > restart.  How do you do this 9.04?
>
> K-Menu -> Computer -> Systemsettings -> Display
> [x] Ctrl+Alt+Backspace restarts the xserver
>
> However it doesn't seem to reliably restart the Xserver.

Ctrl + Alt + Backspace used to log out, but the other day I inadvertently hit
Ctrl + Alt + Delete and I was presented with a menu with choices to log out,
shut down or reboot.

Seems Kubuntu swapped Ctrl + Alt + Backspace to Ctrl + Alt + Delete just like
winders.

Blessings,
David M.
http://www.dmcentral.net