Kubuntu for PPC Computers

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed May 20 05:50:52 UTC 2009

Irena & Richard Jenkins wrote:
> Further to my earlier bleat about this, I can confirm that version 9.04 really
> rocks!!  Am delighted with all those who worked so hard to port 9.04 across to
> the ppc.  Great stuff!!
>
> Richard
G'day, glad to hear this. I had some time back installed Kubuntu on a
PPC Mac book myself; I purchased the Mac just to open and convert Mac
files that my customers sent; nothing else. Windows, which my production
uses, ie for running my industrial machines, are incompatible with Mac
files and had to use Windows based specialized programs (some of which
costs lots more than the PC's themselves). The production floor kept
throwing out the PC's so I had quite a number of "broken" PC's to play
about. I just had to cannibalize them to make them running again.
Linux... like they say, the rest is history.
So, when Mac made their files compatible, OSX 8 (6?, not those FreeUSD's
Jaguar or Leopard thing, my memory's not so good, but I think it is the
only thing to go....) it also became history.

But I am surprised, do they still make Kubuntu's for PPC? Where did you
get them from? Not that I still have PPC's lying around, but it's good
to know.

Welcome.
Regards,
Goh Lip