New installation Jaunty constant permissions problems

John L Vifian jongleur at liripipe.com
Tue May 19 17:22:02 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 9:44:03 am steven vollom wrote:

> I just installed Jaunty fresh again.  I changed all my mounting points
> putting all partitions in the /home partition excepting root and swap.  I
> did perhaps make a mistake by mounting my /home parition as /home/steven
> and believe that may be the reason I am having permissions problems.

Could you be more specific about what sort of permission problems you are
having?

If a file has the wrong owner or group what are the current owner and group?
Is it root? Is it a number?

John Vifian
--
I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked
into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.