KDE4.3 beta issues

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue May 19 12:37:40 UTC 2009

Some issues with KDE4.3 beta. (so far discovered, last 1 hour)

o installation is difficult; need to apt-get -f install several times.
   had to remove some apps, like Krcp to continue and reinstall later.
   Install libs first too.

o After installation, mounting of partitions is not automatic.
   Had to mkdir /mnt/<label>
          mount /sda9 /mnt/<label>
   on a command line.

o Suspend to disk hangs computer (had to pull plug)
   Suspend to RAM  hangs computer (had to shut down-off button)

o Had to repersonalize the desktop.

I had always advised my friends not to touch the beta's for Kubuntu.
Looks like this will be one of them too.

Regards,
Goh Lip

Winning is virtually impossible;
You can get lucky,