New installation Jaunty constant permissions problems

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 03:25:14 UTC 2009

File:///home/steven/.kde/share/config/arkrc.  I open arkrc using sudo dolphin
and change the permissions so that I can use the program.  The permissions are
not greyed out, and I am able to change them to give me permission, but when I
click OK, no permissions are transferred to me.  I can't tell you how angry
this makes me.  If we are supporting freedom, why do the owners of their own
computers have to fight with programmers to get permission to use what is their
own.  Every time I turn around I am stopped from doing something I need to do
by my own computer.  I love Kubuntu, but I will trash my computer before I
give over my freedom.

To the people who make these decisions for me.  I hate it.  I just don't
dislike it, I hate it.  As much as I have loved the Kubuntu experience, I hate
the prison you are trying to put me in.  I will quit Kubuntu before I give in.
I am one of your staunchest supporters, yet I am growing to HATE you for this
robbery of my freedom.  You have never been there to help me when I needed
you, when the burglar with a gun is trying to rob me.  Stay the hell out of my
computer's freedom.  I had a mother and father, I don't want a replacement.  I
have never worked for someone else, and I don't want a boss.  I have defended
myself from all attackers for my entire life.  It is always some gutless guy
in the background who tries to take power over you, someond who would cut and
run if any real danger came his way.  The best creation you have made to date
is a pile of crap, if I have to use it the way you want me to use it.

Create a code that when entered takes your ability to control, guide, inhibit
the use of my computer and you will keep me.  As good a salesman as I can be
for you, I will passionately be against you, if you don't stop this nonsence.

I thought Linux people loved freedom.  What a line of bul.sh.t.  You are just
Nazis in sheep clothing when you steal the freedom of the people who support
you.  What does a person have to do to get away from the tyrants of this
world.

If someone who knows the way around this tyranny can explain how I get around
the prison they want me in, please help me.  There must be someone out there
with the knowledge to help that hates this intrusion on their own freedom.  It
takes a lot to make me angry, but I am willing to die for my freedom.  That is
how serious I am about this crap.  I am sorry but no other word that I will
use fits.

Steven