Torrent Programs

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sun May 17 14:47:48 BST 2009

On Sunday 17 May 2009, Clay Weber wrote:

> Bittorrent downloading can be a cesspool, depending on  where you get your
> torrents from. Linux iso torrents are usually fast because the users care
more
> about sharing. many other places the users (as the downloads are mostly
> illegal) don't care about sharing and seeding. But other than helping make
> sure your router is set up for allowing bittorrent to run correctly, any
> further assistance would probably be against the Ubuntu Code of  Conduct,
and
> not appropriate in  this mailing list

I've never had good luck with torrents. When I need to download a distribution
CD, the Kubuntu stuff is all mirrored by my ISP Virgin Media. At the present
my connection is 2Mb/sec (supposed to be going up to 10) and I consistently
get 250kB/sec downloads, which I think is my full connection speed. At this
rate it doesn't take long to download a CD, which suits me fine.

Dave

--

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763