Internet Connection Issues

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon May 18 05:27:57 UTC 2009

J. Michael Morse wrote:
> First, I had to send this email from the web interface so I apologize
>  if it comes across in HTML.
>
>  In the process of trying to copy a directory from my friend's laptop,
>  I was mucking with my Samba (smb.conf) file.  I was finally able to
>  connect to his laptop and copy the files.  Now, a couple hours later,
>  and I try to connect to the internet I am unable to do so.  Firefox
>  does not connect, nor does Thunderbird (which is why I am sending this
>  via the web mail instead of TB.)
>  Strange, Konqueror will still connect to the internet.  And Konqueror
>  doesn't like Gmail's website at all.
>
>  I am not sure if the inability to connect is coincidence or is
>  directly related to fiddling with the smb.conf.  I can't see how the
>  two would be related, but that is the only part of the system I have
>  been fiddling with lately.
>
>  Any idea why Konqueror and connect but not FF & TB?  I am using Linux
>  Mint (basically, ubuntu 8.04) and KDE 3.5.10 if that information
>  helps.
>
>  Mike

Konqueror, configure Konqueror>>Browser identification>>Add New
Idntity>>mail.google.com,Safari2.0 on MacOSX2.0.

Firefox/Thunderbird, Preferences>> Advanced>> Network & Disk >>
Connection>> modify.

Regards,
Goh Lip

What you cannot change is not a problem. It is a fact.
It's what you do about it that's a problem.
                                           - d r