Web Development

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Sat May 16 18:16:17 UTC 2009

On Saturday 16 May 2009 10:36:59 am Edmund Laugasson wrote:
> [...]

Why do you feel development is stopped?  Version 3.5.9 released Feb 20, 2009
and the current one in the repositories for 8.04 is version 3.5.10 so it
looks like something is being done!  I do not however, have it installed.

> >> I use Kdevelop.
> >
> > Tell me more. I looked at kdevelop and it does not appear to be geared
> > towards web development. Do you use it to develop web pages with PHP and
> > JavaScript?
>
> What about Eclipse, SciTE?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(software)
> http://www.eclipse.org/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SciTE
> http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
>
> I use also Kate. I like Kate's features - can open terminal window and run
> all commands what current shell supports, can open files directly over
> network using KIO slaves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIO) and main window
> can be divided into vertical or horizontal windows and each part of that
> window can consist separate file from anywhere (local or remote file) and
> also file and folder browser as navigation bar on left side.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_(text_editor)
> http://kate-editor.org/

I too use Kate but then I dislike many of the ways the html editors put a page
together.  BTW- Seamonkey also comes with an editor.  Used it a couple of
times but had to correct the pages so it didn't save me any time.  Of course
nothing near so bad as Dreamweaver but still one ought to strive for clean
webpages, especially if we are creating for someone else!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org