James Tappin sjt at
Fri May 15 17:34:10 BST 2009

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:08:39 +0000 (UTC)
marc <gmane at> wrote:

M> Just wondered if anyone had tried the new kid on the block, Chakra,
M> Arch  Linux with KDE (supporting KDE3 and KDE4).

OT: But -
Chakra is KDE4 based (the same team do do KDE3.5 packages for Arch).
It also adds a graphical installer (which is a bit lumpy right now, but
that's to be expected of an Alpha), and possibly one of the nicest package
managers in the game (shaman -- it seems to combine the best of synaptic
and adept (KDE3).

I don't have an installation right now, so I don't know what the current
state is.

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |