Find

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 14 21:02:26 UTC 2009

On Thursday 14 May 2009 04:13:15 pm Steve wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 2009 02:58:41 +0800
>
> Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:
> > Steve wrote:
> > > That’s what I suspected.  So what does 'save session for future logins'
> > > do, is it the same as suspend to disk?
> >
> > Hi Steve, don't see the 'save session for future logins' in the logout
> > options, but is it there in the PC-linux you are using? Can you let us
> > know what it does? But that's on KDE 3.5, right? or is it Gnome?
> >
> > Why don't you try it out and let us know.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Goh Lip
>
> There appears to be two Steve(n)s on this thread.  I’m the one that hasn’t
> used PC-Linux ;-)
>
> 'Save session for future logins' is one the logout screen in Xfce and does
> as it says.
>
> In Gnome it is hidden (used to be on the logout screen) under:
> System > Preferences > Startup Applications > Options
> and is called 'Automatically remember running applications when logging
> out' and, again, does as it says.
>
> If you check the box whatever programs etc. are running when you switch off
> run when you switch back on.
>

> --
> Steve <Yorvik.Ubunto at GoogleMail.com>

I think another Steve may be posting too.  I have interest in suspend to disk
in Jaunty; my inquiry may have moved to this response.  I just wanted to make
sure I have my Swap partition right.

My understanding is that when I shut the system completely down using suspend
to disk, everything on the desktop resumes in the same position it was when I
boot again, and swap is where it comes from.

Steven Vollom