How to set email client for firefox?

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:20:15 UTC 2009

On 13/05/2009, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> Sascha Güthling said:
>
> > On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> >> Sascha Güthling twice said the following, but once in HTML, which has
> >> been deleted:

> >> Yup, yup, but setting the default mailto to evolution is weird,
> >> especially _without_ the option to change the default. I grep'd
> >> ~/.mozilla and a few other places, and examined about:config, but it's
> >> not to be found. I think that's a bug.
> >>
> > Are you in Ubuntu?
>
> Who cares? Seriously! All my machines have Ubuntu and Kubuntu on them and
> often a few others. In this case I am using Kubuntu. Kubuntu and Ubuntu,
> et al should be able to deal with that. Always has done in the past.
>
> > Evolution is afaik the standard for Ubuntu and
> > probably set as this by Ubuntu and not by Firefox. There is a branding
> > package called ubufox that does that I think. In my Firefox installation
> > the standard was set to "Always ask"
>
> Hmm Okay. I'll check Ubuntu tomorrow, but I suspect that Ubuntu has
> hijacked kde again.
>
> Sorry to sound negative, but I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about
> Ubuntu and the Shuttleworth project.
>
> Thanks for the info.

but afterall, firfox is a GTK application, and ubuntu GNOME is sort of
the default DE for ubuntu, and there exists one package of firefox,
there is no firefox-kde or something. so the most reasonable choice
for a mail client would be a friendly GTK application existing in
GNOME, and that is evolution.
for us KDE users, they assume we're gonna use konqueror for browsing ;-)

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems