regression focus bug again

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:27:35 UTC 2009

2009/5/9 marc <gmane at auxbuss.com>:
> Paul S said:
>
>> After upgrading to kde 4.2.3, I again have the focus bug where Alt-F1
>> pops up menu, but it does not get focus.  Same with Alt-F2 .. it opens
>> but no focus.  Same with any window opening .. it does not get focus.
>>
>> This occurred before, and was fixed, but now is back.  Or is there
>> something I have to reconfig?
>
> Yup, I get this occasionally. It seems to correct itself after a logout
> or suspend. Very irritating, though.

maybe it's specific to the windows open?
i know for sure, for instance, that amsn's main window always steals
focus when i minimise some window, even if it's been a while since i
touched it, even if another window is appearing on top, amsn in the
far back )it always have the keep below option turned on) is having
focus.
maybe you have such an issue too? that's why you think it's resolved
after an X restart, maybe your focus thief is just not running after
the X restart?

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems