Root user not in sudoers group WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon May 11 13:35:48 UTC 2009

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> I fixed this issue using the bootable CD which I happened to have
> lying around. Next time this happens I'll be using single user mode.
>

> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca>
> wrote:
>>
>> To fix it, you'll have to reboot into single-user mode, and execute
>> usermod directly from root - being sure to add deguser to the "admin"

:-)  Well, I should have said "single-user ... or a LiveCD" - whatever
works.  The single-user mode is simplest for something like that, but many
times it's more useful to be able to get into a GUI environment.  There's
more than one way to skin any cat in Linux (which is a little hard on the
cats, but I digress).
--
derek