Kubuntu Security Tools

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 9 17:44:35 UTC 2009

On Saturday 09 May 2009 01:15:37 pm Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 18:01, Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> > Are the Kubuntu Security Tools included in the OS download?  If not is
> > there an application that contains all the Kubuntu Security Tools?
>
> What do you mean by "Kubuntu Security Tools"? What security features
> do you expect to be covered?
(Trimmed)
I am a bit embarrassed, Myriam.  I have been focusing on some complicated
issues and don't remember exactly what spurred that post.  I was working a
problem that involved research
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Partitioning/Home/Moving, during the reading
of the instructions it made reference to Kubuntu Security Tools and offered a
download.  The link did not send me to the download, and I couldn't find it in
KPackageKit, and the command did not work in Konsole, and it still sounded
very important, so I asked.  I don't remember my post, but I thought I asked
if most security issues were covered in the installation of Jaunty or KDE, or
was there an application that would provide same.

I am in the process of unlearning some error introduced in my computer career
about 20 years ago.  I expect it will solve a plethora of misunderstood
reoccurring  problems.  Thanks for the interest.

Steven