Random freezes in Kubuntu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri May 8 05:55:47 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 23:03 -0430, Eric Marquez Nava wrote:

>  I've told this story so many times.... nobody has been able to give me a
> solution. There should be at least some way to DIAGNOSE the problem. Maybe
> not solve it, but to diagnose it, in order to know the source of the
> problem. Maybe some log, some test.
>  Guys, I'd really appreciate your insights on this. I don't want to abandon
> kubuntu, but I'm running out of options.

What nvidia drivers do you have installed?? If I were you, I'd install
the envyNG package and let it install your nVidia for you. Drivers like
NV just don't cut it if you want/need the real deal with everything
cooking. I run Java 3D Wonderland and it'll bark, howl and die with
anything else than the driver from nVidia. Not trying to be politically
incorrect here, but either it works or it don't. Give that a whirl.
Sounds like you have nothing to loose. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987