openoffice 3 update

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri May 8 14:52:10 UTC 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 11:28:58 pm O. Sinclair wrote:
> Am on Hardy Kubuntu KDE 3.5 still but using Openoffice 3 via the ppa
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu/
>
> I have an update waiting but when I investigate I see that it wants not
> only to update loads of stuff but also REMOVE openoffice.org-kde
> package. And I dont want that, not at all.
>
> Has anyone done this update and did it go well or bad? Any problems etc?

Yes, we did that update on all our machines and had no problems at all.  Open
Office is used here all of the time but we DID test with a backed up laptop
first to see if it worked.  We are not as trusting as we used to be!!  We are
also running 8.04 here with KDE 3.5.10 and now Open Office 3.1.0.  Machines
are three Dell laptops, one Sony Laptop, one Mac Air laptop, two Compaq
desktops and one homebuilt 2.1 Ghz AMD machine which was assembled from
salvaged parts.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org