Removed root from sudoers group: NEVER MIND

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at
Thu May 7 19:08:10 BST 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Antonio Augusto (Mancha)
<mkhaos7 at> wrote:
> 2009/5/7 Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford at>:
>> Fixed.
> mind to tell how?

Rebooted the computer with the LiveCD

Once rebooted, I went to a terminal (ctrl+alt+F1), and logged in with root via

$ sudo su

Then I created a mount point under mnt:

$ mkdir /mnt/local

...and mounted the local hard drive there.

$ mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/local

(the location of the hard drive might vary in your install; I used
fdisk -l to figure it out.)

Then I edited /mnt/local/etc/group and re-added deguser to the admin group.

Only took me half an hour to figure it out. My Google fu is mighty.

Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford at
Publisher and Editor in Chief, Daikaijuzine (