Network problems on resume

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:27:44 BST 2009

Cristopher Thomas said the following on 05/06/2009 11:31 PM:
> When I resume from suspend or hibernate networkmanager applet reconnects
> to my wireless network just fine, but I can't access the internet.  I have to
> reboot in order to get my internet connection back.  Does anyone have any idea
> what might be causing this?

Somethings not resuming properly, and it's difficult / impossible to
find out what.  You may be able to just suspend / resume again to fix
it.  If it's just the network, you might be able to just disable /
enable it in network manager to get it to run dhcp again.  Also, running
"sudo dhclient" in konsole might work.  These don't fix the problem, but
probably are quicker than rebooting.

hth