SOLVED: Anybody having issues updating libqtgui4 on Jaunty?

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri May 8 03:00:51 UTC 2009

Antonio Augusto (Mancha) wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 09:29, Terrell Prude' Jr.
> <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Terrell,

>>> Once you are on Jaunty, no need to do 'dist-upgrade' again, this will
>>> not change anything.
>>>

>> Hmm...my observation is somewhat different in this case.  If I don't do
>> "dist-upgrade", then the kernel updates get skipped, even with Jaunty.
>>

>>> Are you sure you need the 'proposed' repository? This makes sense only
>>> if you carefully choose what you are going to upgrade (idem for all
>>> other 'non-standard' repositories). Just doing sudo apt-get upgrade
>>> without choosing can easily get you in trouble with package conflicts.
>>>

>> The 'proposed' repository was included when I did the upgrade from
>> Intrepid.  However, I had included the repository on Intrepid that let
>> me install KDE 4.2.2, so that might be why 'jaunty-proposed' is also
>> included.  Is that how it works?
>>

> Yeaps.
> The upgrade process try to keep all your repositories while migrating
> everything from intrepid to jaunty.
>

>> I'll try disabling it when I get to work this afternoon if the problem
>> persists.
>>
>> Thanks!

Looks like the repositories just needed a day for the hash database to
get updated for this particular package.  The update went just fine this
afternoon, with the 'proposed' repository still enabled.  I used
"apt-get dist-upgrade" in order to not skip the kernel updates.  So far,
so good.

Thanks, everyone.

--TP