Plasma question

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu May 7 16:00:39 BST 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 04:36, Sascha Güthling <guethling at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2009/5/6 Thomas Olsen <tanghus at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a question from me as a total newbie as a Plasma user. How do you
>>> actually move the widgets on the panel?
>>>
>> When you move your mouse pointer over a widget a black box should
>> appear right or left of it.
>>

> Not in the panel, only on the desktop...
>

>> Click on the widget control thingy (what's the name of that thing anyways) in the upper right corner of the screen and unlock them.
>>

> The 'thingy' is called the 'cashew', mostly because of its form :)
>

> Regards, Myriam.

The issue of the OP seems to have been resolved so I'll ask:

What if you don't have a "cashew" on your desktop?

When I installed 8.10 and again with 9.04 it has disappeared. I've lost
my nut [ although technically a cashew is not a nut ].

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,