Anybody having issues updating libqtgui4 on Jaunty?

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Thu May 7 13:29:31 BST 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Terrell,
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 06:16, Terrell Prude' Jr.
> <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:
>
>> I just did apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade, and I'm seeing
>> the following messages.
>>
>> Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-proposed/main libqtgui4
>> 4.5.0-0ubuntu4.1 [3638kB]

>> ...and it keeps going just like this.  Eventually I get a "Hash Sum
>> Mismatch" error, and the update does not proceed.  I've also tried
>> "apt-get dist-upgrade", which also updates the kernel packages, and I
>> see the same thing.
>>

> Once you are on Jaunty, no need to do 'dist-upgrade' again, this will
> not change anything.

Hmm...my observation is somewhat different in this case.  If I don't do
"dist-upgrade", then the kernel updates get skipped, even with Jaunty.

> Are you sure you need the 'proposed' repository? This makes sense only
> if you carefully choose what you are going to upgrade (idem for all
> other 'non-standard' repositories). Just doing sudo apt-get upgrade
> without choosing can easily get you in trouble with package conflicts.

The 'proposed' repository was included when I did the upgrade from
Intrepid.  However, I had included the repository on Intrepid that let
me install KDE 4.2.2, so that might be why 'jaunty-proposed' is also
included.  Is that how it works?

I'll try disabling it when I get to work this afternoon if the problem
persists.

Thanks!

--TP