Anybody having issues updating libqtgui4 on Jaunty?

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Thu May 7 05:16:24 BST 2009

I just did apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade, and I'm seeing
the following messages.

Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-proposed/main libqtgui4
4.5.0-0ubuntu4.1 [3638kB]
Get:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-proposed/main libqtgui4
4.5.0-0ubuntu4.1 [3638kB]
Get:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-proposed/main libqtgui4
4.5.0-0ubuntu4.1 [3638kB]
Get:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-proposed/main libqtgui4
4.5.0-0ubuntu4.1 [3638kB]
Get:5 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-proposed/main libqtgui4
4.5.0-0ubuntu4.1 [3638kB]

...and it keeps going just like this.  Eventually I get a "Hash Sum
Mismatch" error, and the update does not proceed.  I've also tried
"apt-get dist-upgrade", which also updates the kernel packages, and I
see the same thing.

As a troubleshooting step, I did apt-get clean, and then did the whole
update/upgrade again, and the error keeps occurring.  Yes, I'm doing
this as root (both sudo -i and actually su'ing to root).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--TP