KDE4 unusefull in a toshiba satellite A70

Irving Leonard irving.lp at feestudiantes.cujae.edu.cu
Thu May 7 04:39:20 UTC 2009

I have a Toshiba Satellite A70, that have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000IGP and
the default kubuntu install give me a system with few visual effects and a lot
of CPU utilization. Disabling the desktop effects gives very small improve but
still huge CPU load; over 70% and just hovering over emails in kmail, with
kontact using +30% and xorg +40%.
It is killing (literally) my machine (hot, power, etc.)
regards
irving
VI Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y Educación Energética
9 - 12 de Junio 2009, Palacio de las Convenciones
...Por una cultura energética sustentable
www.ciercuba.com