Jaunty: How to install a USB printer?

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Wed May 6 15:54:32 UTC 2009

marc wrote:
> Eberhard Roloff said:
>
>> Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:

>>> Install CUPS and do it through the web interface (http://localhost:631)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Ron.
>> Did I miss it, or did the OP even not mention what printer he wants to
>> use?
>
> It's a Canon Pixmar ip5300.

Actually, for Canon I ALWAYS use turboprint. Not that the printer will
not somehow work without it (I do not know) but is it worth the hassle
when turboprint simply works?

And imho it works at least as well as the 100MB+ Canon drivers for Windows.

see http://www.turboprint.info/printers_Canon.html

Eberhard