Panel colors in KDE 4.2.2

Antonio Augusto (Mancha) mkhaos7 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 23:57:39 BST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 19:38, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> Mark Greenwood said:
>
>> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 01:04:06 Derek Broughton wrote:

<snip>
>> As far as I'm concerned, the KDE developers are to be congratulated on
>> deciding to do some things in a new and interesting way. I hope they
>> manage to ignore all the 'this is new and I don't like it' rants and
>> carry on following their own path.
>
> They will regardless. However, the regressions are huge and that's a
> concern. I'm not sure many of us would go through this again, however
> many years it is down the tracks.

I will! :D

> I think what they've done is okay-ish. It's not that great once you get
> used to it. However, it boots fast and is quite responsive. But the way
> they did it was atrocious, and the regressions appalling.
>
> But hey, it'll all be fixed in the next release.

IMHO, KDE4 is still a desktop in development, that hasn't showed
everything he came for.
Non core developers are still trying to understand everything that
under the hood, and even core apps/functionalities aren't fully ported
yet.
Like I said in a previous post: I hope that the KDE guys will restore
the panel color functionality in future releases (like they will do
with A LOT of other features).
And what they did, for me, was kind of "heroic". Break everything up
to start from scratch, so I don't need to contain evolution because of
compatibility.
This should be done for KDE5 again after KDE4.10 or so  :)