Panel colors in KDE 4.2.2

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Wed May 6 14:47:59 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 10:21:07 am D. R. Evans wrote:
> marc said the following at 05/06/2009 12:58 AM :
> > D. R. Evans said:
> >>
> >> Yep. Some time ago I filed a bug report requesting user-accessible
> >> documentation on this very issue.
> >
> > Do you have a ref?
>
> Not off the top of my head; if get a chance, I'll look later today.
>
> It would have been a wish and have the word "document" somewhere in the
> title, so you could try looking for that yourself.
>
> Trouble is, I've filed so many reports and wishes in the past few months
> that I can't keep track of them all in my head any more. If I'd known I'd
> be filing so many, I'd have kept a little database here.
>
> It is possible (but unlikely) that I never got around to filing this one,
> but I'm usually pretty good at filing them as soon as I think of them, and
> I know I definitely thought of it, because I went through the same "Great!
> so I can point to a file, but what on Earth is that file supposed to
> contain?" process that it sounds like you did.
>
>   Doc

I know it isn't perfect by any means, but you can pick a theme that follows
system colors (Aya is one), and in System Settings you can use the Theme
Details section to pick and choose which parts use which theme. So you could
use Aya  for your taskbar, for example, and use a transparent theme for
desktop widgets.
--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net