Can anybody confirm this bug

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 5 14:09:57 UTC 2009

marc wrote:

> Sascha Güthling said:
>
>> I just filed this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/371732
>>
>> Can anybody help to confirm it?
>
> For achival purposes:
>
>   HDD connection error after suspend to ram
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/371732
>

> After a Suspend to Disk the system wakes up but is unusable.
>
> ata1: exception Emask 0x10 Sact 0x0 Serr 0x4000000 action 0xe frozen
> ata1: irq_stat 0x00000040, connection status changed
> ata1: SError: { DevExch }
> ata2: exception Emask 0x10 Sact 0x0 Serr 0x4000000 action 0xe frozen
> ata2: irq_stat 0x00000040, connection status changed
> ata2: SError: { DevExch }
> System info:
> HP dv4-1120us, 4GB Ram, 250GB SATA HDD
> Kubuntu 9.04 64bit installed with WIBU under Windows Vista 64bit
> Kernel Version: 2.6.27-11-generic

OK, I can say (a) this never happens to me, and (b) you have a few
significant differences from my setup anyway, but it looks familiar.

I am not using wubi (and _did_ have issues with it that could be related)
and I'm 32-bit.

However, I got errors like this when my BIOS was in the wrong mode for my
drive (AHCI?  I can't recall, and I don't much feel like rebooting to
check).  If you have such a setting, try toggling it.

btw, your first line says "suspend to ram" and your description says
"Suspend to Disk" - which is it?
--
derek