jaunty: no BBC sound

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon May 4 19:40:36 BST 2009

D. R. Evans wrote:

> 1. Why would I need the windows media player plugin to listen to a Real stream?

Well, because my firefox describes this plugin as follows:
Gecko Media Player 0.9.4 Video Player Plug-in for Quicktime,
_RealPlayer_ and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer....
But, honestl<, I do not know which plug-in plays BBBc, it just plays...

> 2. Which package contains that plugin (I couldn't find it)? I'll gladly try
> it (if it's not installed already; I haven't installed/uninstalled any
> different plugins than I had in intrepid; maybe I already have it installed)
This is easy to find out just have a look at your firefox addons.

>   Doc
>
> PS FWIW, I'm running 64-bit. That may or may not make a difference (usually
> I'm confident that it doesn't, but browser plugins seem to be the one place
> where it often seems to matter).

As I am using 32bit, maybe other 64-bit people can confirm that your
link works or not?

Eberhard