Acer aspire one & Kubuntu

Goh Lip gohlip at operamail.com
Sun May 3 11:51:26 UTC 2009

I am not clear if you have a running Ubuntu version of Jaunty, ie.,  Gnome without any KDE in it. If you do, it is as simple as installing kubuntu-desktop and you will have a Kubuntu 4.2.2.

By reading your message, I don't think you have a Gnome version of Jaunty.I will not recommend installing KDE 4.2 from the remix, ie KDE 3.5, though it can be done. I also don't think you can run KDE 4 and KDE 3 together in Jaunty, unlike earlier versions of Kubuntu, before Intrepid.

The best bet is to install a new Kubuntu KDE4.2.2.

Regards,
Goh Lip

Vision without action is daydream. Action without vision is nightmare.
                                                                     Japanese Proverb