jaunty: unable to mount CDs

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun May 3 03:05:23 UTC 2009

Following the upgrade to jaunty, I can no longer mount CDs in /media/cdrom0.

In the past, CDs would automount there as soon as I put them in (the Device
Notifier plasmoid would tell me that a CD was available, and let me view
the contents if I wanted). Now, not only do they not automount, I can't
mount them manually either.

If I try to mount a CD manually, I get the message:
  mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0

I've never seen any device called "sr0" before; I don't know where that's
come from. The fstab entry for the drive is:

/dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0

Constructive suggestions welcome. I can't imagine what's changed (or why).

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR